According to reports out of DeKalb County, a man has finally been arrested after having over thirty active warrants for his arrest.
He was located at his girlfriend's residence and was allegedly hiding behind a water heater when he was arrested. Both the man and his girlfriend were taken into custody. The man is facing charges ranging from theft and burglary to criminal trespass.
As a Georgia Criminal Defense Lawyer, I will focus today's post on only one of the offenses that the man has been accused of committing - criminal trespass.
Criminal Trespass in Georgia
Georgia law defined criminal trespass in Georgia in O.C.G.A. §16-7-21. According to the law, there are several different ways that the criminal offense of criminal trespass can be committed. These ways include:
- When a person intentionally damages any property of another without consent of that other person and the damage thereto is $500.00 or less.
- When a person knowingly and maliciously interferes with the possession or use of the property of another person without consent of that person.
- When a person enters on the land or premises or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose.
- When a person enters onto the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner that such entry is forbidden.
- When a person remains on the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after the owner has asked the person to leave.
- When a person intentionally defaces, mutilates, or defiles any grave marker, monument, or memorial to one or more deceased persons who served in the military.
Criminal trespass is classified as a misdemeanor. In Georgia, misdemeanors carried the sentence of either a fine up to $1,000.00, up to one year in prison, or both.
If arrested in Georgia, contact us today.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment